Sunday, January 13, 2008

Mumbai : I arrived in Mumbai on my first Posting.I didnt get the office guest house and had to stay in hotel for two days.
I got the guest house .And met my characters :
Mr A the incharge of Administration .He told me calmly,
Although you have got the guest house, In case of emergency it may happen that i may have to throw you out.
Although flats are empty you will have to wait at least fr 10 days.
You can not get nearby flats even when they are empty.They are reserved for senior officers.

Good.
The first night in guest room i shared with a senior officer.The first evening he grilled about the need for Microbiology instruments and moreover the need of Microbiologists.
After futile arguing , i got what he wanted:
Yes sir.
Two words that have proved so usefull.
Another corollary is
You are absolutely correct Sir.


The first few days were too much dark,
I had a upset stomach, i was alone more then 2500kms away from my family,i was in constant danger of being thrown out on street.
I got office flats that are 25 kms away from office.
The first day of joining a senior told me :
Accha hua aap aagey.Ab humko to kuch pata nahi sab aapko hee sambhalna hai.

The microbiology lab was a room in which everything was stuffed into.We were expected to give outputs as compared to private labs when to buy even basic instruments a thick files to be made.

Mumbai didnt charmed me so much.I love cold.I hated the humidity.I got to work.I expored Mumbai.

The Soul of Mumbai : The soul of Mumbai is ,
To gain some lose some.
If you have a dream and capability to undergo anything to see it turn real, Mumbai is the best place to be in.The citys hard n full of opportunities.Its a city for working, gaining, activity.The problem was i had no such dream.
And no friends here.Suddenly those hostel days seemed so far away.The dinner at 12pm in dhabas, the night rides out fr drinks on bikes with no headlights on highways,the night workings in lab i missed them.

No comments: